Electrolux Assistent® (Magic Mill DLX) Kneader/Mixer
Need a kitchen assistant? Let us introduce you to the Assistent!
No food is more widely loved than homemade bread. This simplest of foods has such a ministry to the body and soul. Kneading the bread, however, is not always so simple. The Electrolux Assistent®, also marketed as the Magic Mill® DLX, is a wonder at transforming this chore. Simply measure the ingredients into the large stainless steel bowl, set the timer and mixing speed and let your Assistent® do the work. The scraper and fluted roller work together to most closely mimic the kneading action of your hand. If you are anything like me, the machine does a much better job than my hands! The dough produced is smooth and elastic with well-formed gluten, a necessity for successful bread.
We have used several different machines for making bread ranging from popular start-to-finish bread makers, traditional mixers with dough hooks, and other alternative mixers produced with a focus on kneading dough. We are most impressed with the Assistent® for several reasons:
- This is the largest capacity countertop bread dough machine we have found. While others claim to come close in making large batches, we found that while all the ingredients may fit into the bowl, the other machines often cannot function well at capacity. This results in motor burnout or repeatedly broken plastic drive shafts, not covered by warranty.
- The Electrolux Assistent® has no aluminum parts which come in contact with your food. Aluminum consumption has been linked to Alzheimer’s and other diseases. Aluminum is often transferred to food through friction or oxidization. This is often seen in flaking or pitting in the surface of aluminum cookware. Virtually all home bread makers have aluminum mixing/baking pans. Stainless steel does not pit or oxidize and is incredibly easy to clean. For more information regarding aluminum and freshly milled grains please Read Our FAQ.
- The kneading tools are also easier to clean than many of the other systems. There are no tiny grooves to clean sticky dough from.
- The Assistent® is quiet. One dough machine we used for a while is so loud I wore a pair of earphones or would leave the room to protect my hearing during the kneading process.
- The Assistent® is rugged and built in the best way possible for kneading. Other machines seem to stress and strain at kneading. The Assistent® almost “looks like it knows what it is doing.”
|Electrolux is a highly reputable company that has been around since 1919. They are the makers of hundreds of fine quality products throughout the world, including such brands well-known in the United States as Fridgidaire, Weed Eater, Poulan and Husqvarna.|
In 1940 when the Electrolux Assistent was introduced in Sweden it was widely received and quickly became a household name in millions of homes throughout Europe, where you can still find old Assistents doing kitchen duty.
Click here for a comparison between the Electrolux Assistent®, Bosch Universal Kitchen Machine and K-TEC Kitchenetics K2.
- Make the Freshest and Healthiest bread dough in just minutes
- Simple & Easy operation. Easy to use—Easy to clean!
- Largest capacity dough machine for home use
- All accessories are dishwasher safe
- No plastic drive shaft to break while making bread
- Easy to see lighted controls
- Conveniently fits under overhead kitchen cabinets
- Efficient 600 watt motor delivers more power than its competition, while consuming less energy
- Large plastic beater bowl whisks meringue (up to 18 egg whites), creams butter and icing
- Revolutionary rotating bowl, for increased safety & performance
- Solid construction and rubber feet keep mixer in place during operation.
- Quality made in Sweden for over 60 years
- Includes: Heavy-Duty Stainless Steel bowl, roller, scraper, spatula, plastic beater bowl, double beater/whisk and dough hook
- Powerful 600 Watt Motor with self-adjusting speed control
- Super Quiet Operation - Only 77dB level
- Dimensions - 10.5" W x 15.7" D x 14" H
- Weight - 18.9 pounds, including bowl
- Three-year warranty on machine
|Ordering Information Secure Transaction|
- White Electrolux Assistent®
includes Free Shipping
Suggested Donation $699
- Black Electrolux Assistent®
includes Free Shipping
Suggested Donation $749
- Additional Gift to Support
A Non-Profit Ministry
|*We will receipt all donations, showing the fair market value of any materials received,|
in order to help contributors determine the tax-deductible portion of their gifts.